QuickBooks is one of the finest software in the accounting world. It is used to employ various activities related to bookkeeping and finance. Although, the software is subjected to many QuickBooks errors. In this guide, we are going to learn about one such QuickBooks error 15241. Well, it is a common issue and you can root out it easily with the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
You can face the error while performing the payroll function or installing the software’s updates. Yes, encountering such kinds of issues can be a bit annoying, but, you don’t need to be worried as we have come up with this guide. Through the guide, you will be familiarized with the causes, symptoms, and solutions that will help you in eliminating this annoying code. So, now let’s start the article with a quick brief of the error.
QuickBooks Error 15241
QuickBooks Error 15241 appears when the user tries to access the QuickBooks payroll function. Moreover, installing updates can also lead to the occurrence of the error. The error indicates that the QuickBooks desktop copy service (FCS) is disabled. FCS is an important add-on service that is used to manage file transfer during QuickBooks update. Disabling it means preventing QuickBooks from performing downloading procedures.
As it is an update error related to payroll so you can use the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool. Well, there can be many reasons that trigger the error issues which are discussed later. But, as of now, you need to move below to a full section answering how to establish a preference in QuickBooks desktop.
Steps to establishing a preference in QuickBooks desktop
- You need to first navigate to the edit menu to choose the preferences tab.
- Moving on, hit a click on preferences.
- Choose reports and graphs located on the left side now.
- Just select any of the following such as my preferences or company preferences option.
For My Preferences
- First of all, make sure that you modify the report option and verify before accessing a report.
- Now, you will see the modified report window each time you create a report.
- Try to refresh, set graphs, and report preferences to verify.
- Ask me to refresh: When the report is refreshed, you will get a prompt that states the graph has to be refreshed.
- Automatic refresh: QuickBooks desktop will automatically refresh whenever it adapts to some changes.
Vital Causes of QuickBooks error
Several sources lead to such kinds of issues in the devices. We will learn here what they are. So, just read all the pointers below to make yourself aware of the factors.
- Corruption within the registry file.
- The system gets corrupted by some virus infections.
- If some of the downloaded and installation files get corrupted then again you can have the issue.
- Performing an incomplete installation procedure can also end up like this.
- Unknowingly, I deleted some files.
All these reasons may appear all at once to trigger the issue. Now, let’s learn some of the symptoms that will help you in identifying the issue.
Symptoms of the error to detect it
Let’s check out some of the signs and symptoms to identify this technical issue.
- When the system crashes often.
- The running window program during the emergence of the error.
- Keyboard inputs become unresponsive and the windows run sluggishly.
- The system freezes a couple of times causing the error.
Solutions to Eliminate the error
Some steps need to be conducted carefully to get rid of the error. But, these steps are somewhat different as per the operating system. So, you need to move to only those steps that are compatible with your OS. Now, let’s explore each set of steps one by one.
Windows XP users
- The first and foremost thing for you to do is to close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Secondly, you need to move to My Computer and then right-click on it.
- Select Manage to open the Computer management system.
- Once done with that, navigate to the Services and application window and select Services.
- You will be directed to the Services window the next.
- Now, you need to scroll down and double-click on the Intuit QuickBooks FCS Service.
- The window named Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties will open up.
- In the next step, visit the general tab and choose the start-up type.
- After that, you need to select the Manual option from the drop-down list.
- Just click the OK button to go a step further.
- Moving on, open up the QuickBooks desktop.
- After completing the above procedure, you need to download the QuickBooks desktop product updates.
- In the end, just try to update the payroll tax tables.
Windows 7, 8, 10, or Vista
- You need to make your first step by closing the QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, hit the Start button showing on Windows.
- Now, navigate to the computers and choose Manage by right-clicking.
- The next step is only to be followed by Windows 10 users. The user needs to hit the search tab on the taskbar.
- Moving on, search for Computer.
- Furthermore, right-click This PC option and hit the Manage.
- Once performing the above steps, you need to select the Services and applications option in the left pane.
- Hit the Services option in the right pane.
- Moving on, you need to select Intuit QuickBooks FCS and tap double on the same.
- When the QuickBooks FCS Properties window opens up, you need to come to the general tab.
- Hit on the drop-down menu of start-up type to choose the manual option from the list.
- In the next step, select the apply button and also hit start and OK options respectively.
- Moving on, you need to open the QuickBooks software and try to download the updates.
- Once done with all these procedures, try to update the payroll tax tables.
Procedure to Update QuickBooks Payroll tax table
Now, you need to update the QuickBooks payroll tax table. The steps mentioned below will help you to do the same, so, just carry out the steps carefully.
- Navigate to the Employees menu in the first place.
- Now, you need to choose to get payroll updates as shown in the images.
- Moving on, try to checkmark the Download Entire update checkbox.
- Slide the cursor to the update option.
- In the last part, the download complete pop-up window appears that shows you are good to go with your work.
Solution 1: Download the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
The user first needs to download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool from the official site of Intuit. Then, if it is installed properly, try to run the tool. It is among the most famous tool of Inuit. You can resolve many QB error codes from this single platform.
Solution 2: Install Tax Table Version
- To begin, you need to insert the payroll update CD.
- Then, try to open the get payroll updates window.
- If you are a user of QuickBooks desktop pro and premier then go to the employee’s tab and choose to get payroll updates.
- Now, you need to reply to the prompts in the payroll update window, if you have proposed to determine the update.dat or update3.dat file.
- Once done with that, just agree to browse.
- In the next step, you need to choose the CD drive from the look-in drop-down menu.
- Moving on, just select either update.dat or update3.dat from the payroll update disk.
- Now, you need to tap on the open tab.
- After that, hit the OK button in the payroll update window.
- Later on, select the window start button and quit QuickBooks.
- You will need to move to my computer and right-click the CD drive.
- Next, hit the explore option.
- You are required to insert the same CD into another system and then verify if you can view the files or not.
- In case, you can easily view the files on the second system then there might be a hardware issue with the CD drive in the first system.
- If somehow you are unable to view the files on another system then you must buy a new payroll update disk.
- To do so, you need to visit the Intuit online store and choose payroll after selecting view contact info.
- Moving on, make sure to install from the correct location in the install confirmation window.
- Also, verify if the tax table versions are correct in the current and new fields.
- At this stage, you are only required to choose the install tab.
- A message will pop up when the update and new tax table get installed.
- Just read the message and hit the OK button in the final step.
Hopefully, the information we have shared with you might provide you great help in fixing the error. However, there arise many situations that make you unable to rectify the issue. In that case, try to contact the QuickBooks customer care support team. You only need to dial a number to have the best possible support services from the pro-advisors team. Also, don’t forget to use the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool, if any of the solutions would not work and then try to connect to the team.