You may mark your presence here because of the sudden appearance of QuickBooks error H202. Well, if we are predicting the same then make sure to get into the guide ahead and learn different ways to troubleshoot. But, first, explore the insights of this error through the description.
QuickBooks Error Code H202: Error Message and Description
Well, the error occurs when you try to switch to multi-user mode. You can have the following text on the screen “Error H202: This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” Through this text, you can get an idea that the error is related to the multi-user environment.
With multi-user mode, you can access the company file from the workstation which is essentially located on the server. But, due to this error, there come several problems while accessing. In the guide below, we will learn about the same that occur and help us to identify the issue.
Symptoms to Identify the QuickBooks Error h202
Below is provided a full list of symptoms. You can jump directly and learn ways to identify this error.
- The message stated above appears on your window’s display.
- Slow performance of the Windows.
- Fail while switching to a multi-user environment.
- QuickBooks stopped working in the middle of the operation.
- Restricts the user to access the company file.
All of these issues will appear due to the presence of some ill factors. Get into the post ahead to know the causes behind this issue.
Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Error H202
Outlined below are some of the major causes that bring the multi-user QuickBooks error code H202.
- QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor are not running.
- Improper configuration of the DNS.
- The data has been blocked between the server and QB.
- Issues within the QuickBooks database server.
- Improper configuration of the hosting settings.
- Corrupted and damaged .nd file.
- QuickBooks desktop does not contain the IP address of the server or the Host.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H202
There are lots of ways that you can consider to fix this agitated issue.
Solution 1: Examine the QuickBooks Services
- The user is first required to access QuickBooks on the server.
- Now, move towards the File menu.
- Once done, choose Utilities.
- Navigate towards the tab named Host multi-user access.
- After that, you need to examine the running status of the QBCFMonitor and QuickBooksBDXX services on the server. For that, get into the below steps.
- Access the Run window.
- Moving on, enter Services.msc.
- Hit OK.
- Furthermore, head towards the QuickBooksDBXX.
- Try to set the startup type as Automatic in the next step.
- You are recommended to examine the Service status.
- Make sure that it should be set as Running.
- Tap the Recovery option now.
- Choose to Restart the Service option for First, second, and subsequent failures.
- Hit Apply and OK.
- Consider the same procedure for other services QBCFMonitor.
Solution 2: Verify Network Connectivity
To verify the network connectivity, the user needs to go through these steps below:
- Begin the procedure by accessing the Windows search bar.
- Now, access the Run window.
- Thereafter, enter cmd there.
- Consequently, hit the Enter button.
- Once done, add the server name to ping it from the workstation.
- In the end, click Enter.
- If the reply is slow then try to repair the network.
Troubleshooting is the need to settle down many issues like QuickBooks update error.
Solution 3: Make a New Folder for the QBW File
Below are provided third solutions to build a new folder for the QBW file. You can take help from the steps below to conduct this procedure.
- Go to the server system and make a new folder there.
- After that, try to share the folder.
- Also, try to set up the folder.
- You also need to access the Windows permission to share all the company files.
- Perform a right-click on the QBW (QuickBooks Database file) and paste the same to the new folder.
- Once done, use the multi-user mode to access the QB file.
Solution 4: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager
To initiate this solution, go with the steps below and troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code H202.
- Access the Run window.
- Enter services.msc there.
- Now, hit the Ok button.
- Navigate towards the following services such as QuickBooksDB17 (2007), QuickBooksDB18 (2008), and QuickBooksDB19 (2009).
- Hit the Stop button for all of these.
- After that, choose Start.
- Once done, close your window.
- You should try to display the extensions for known file types.
- Make sure to right-click on the Windows Start button.
- Choose Explore.
- Hit the tools button.
- Move towards the Folder tab.
- The user is required to choose the View option now.
- Moving on, try to clear the Hide extensions option for known file types.
- Proceed towards the View button.
- Consequently, choose Show hidden files and folders.
- Make sure that you remove the mark from Hide-protected operating system files.
- Navigate towards the Warning window.
- Choose Yes.
- Now, hit Ok.
- You can close Windows explorer now.
The solutions above will resolve the QuickBooks error code H202. Well, the article consists of everything that you should need to know. Go through each section wisely and troubleshoot the error on your own.